What you should know about COVID 19
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov. In addition, those with questions about COVID-19 can call the Ohio Department of Health hotline at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH.
Governor DeWine's daily press conference at 2pm on http://www.ohiochannel.org/live
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has taken a number of actions in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19). He signed Executive Order 2020-01D, declaring a state of emergency in Ohio to protect the well-being of Ohioans from the dangerous effects of COVID-19. The state of emergency allows state departments and agencies to better coordinate in their response.
- See announcement here.
- Sixth Circuit's Scheduling Order, which is available here, provides some insight into the timing of the requirements of the ETS.
- In the event that a stay is lifted, it is important to remember that employers may need to comply with most provisions by 30 days after the date of publication in the Federal Register (December 6).
- Client alert by the firm Wiley Rein LLP, which can also be viewed here.
- A federal judge in Kentucky granted a preliminary injunction against the “vaccine mandate” for federal contractors (the central obligation under President Biden’s Executive Order 14042) as it relates to covered contracts in Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee.
- January 4, 2022. This is a change for federal contractors – the Administration is aligning all mandates to begin implementation on January 4, 2022. In our letter to the White House, ACEC had previously requested a pause in its implementation of E.O. 14042 and to provide federal contractors with additional flexibility. We continue to recognize the importance of vaccinations but have heard from many of our member firms that these mandates are proving very challenging to navigate, and we are pleased to see they are responding to our calls for flexibility.
- The full text of the pre-published rule can be found here.
- Extensive FAQ’s can be found here.
The Latest on Federal Vaccination Requirements in the Workplace: OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) & E.O. 14042.
- COVID-19 Return to Work Checklist provided by TriNet
- Transitioning Back To The Workplace FAQ provided by TriNet
PPP Loan Information
- PPP Loan Forgiveness: Updates and Guidance, 6.24.21- Recording
- PPP Loans: Current Developments & Strategies for A/E Firms provided by Somerset CPA's
- Paycheck Protection Program: Unintended Consequences
- ACEC Letter to Small Business Committees on PPP Loan Forgiveness & Overhead 10/9/20
ACEC Advocates for Members: Click here to view a Federal Issues Update presentation from ACEC National's Steve Hall.
and click here for Essential Business Information
- Federal Reserve Board Announces it is Expanding the Scope and Eligibility for the Main Street Lending Program
- Main Street Lending Program Frequently Asked Questions
US Chamber of Commerce: Implementing a National Return to Work Plan
U.S. Small Business Administration: PPP Report: Second Round
U.S. Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
Remote Workplace Guidance: Remote Employees
Insurance Coverage issues to consider: ACEC BIT Insurance Issues
ACEC National: COVID-19 Resource Center
Greyling Report: Coronavirus Insurance Issues Report 3.18.20