ODOT creates new Summer Transportation Recruitment Internship in Diversity Employment (STRIDE)
ODOT'S STRIDE Program
The ODOT Summer Transportation Recruitment Internship in Diversity Employment (STRIDE) is taking place May 22nd through July 31st, 2023!
ODOT is offering a 10-week paid summer college internship for students majoring in transportation and related careers such as Engineering, Planning, Smart Mobility, Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Environmental, and Communications. The STRIDE Program will expose students from underrepresented demographics to various career pathways. Students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) are encouraged to apply. The program will also enable students to apply what is learned in the classroom to their summer internship and gain valuable work experience.
During this experience, students will:
- Have hands-on exposure of students to transportation career opportunities
- Enrich education / professional development of tomorrow’s transportation leaders
- Recruit, develop, and retain a high-performing diverse workforce
By taking part in ODOT’s STRIDE Program, students will have access to many benefits like free housing, a meal stipend, transportation assistance, and much more!
ODOT is looking for:
- Students majoring in a field that supports transportation
- Interested in emerging technologies
- Tech Savvy & interested in continuous learning
- Good communication skills
- HBCU students are encouraged to apply
ODOT S.T.R.I.D.E interns will work alongside other ODOT sponsored on-the-job training program participants, internal staff and external professionals who provide Engineering, Planning, Smart Mobility, Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Environmental and Communications. The overall goal is to support ODOT’s mission to provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place.
The STRIDE Program is a transportation-related opportunity. If you know someone who is a good fit for the ODOT STRIDE Program, contact ODOT at STRIDE@dot.ohio.gov